Aloha from Kauai,
Help ARI Win $50k to Help Homeless Individuals with ASD
ARI was chosen to participate in the Pepsi Refresh Everything project and needs your support to win $50,000. Only the projects with the highest number of votes are funded. Voting is free and it started this morning – can you help?
Vote now and take a moment to return each day this month.
We hope to establish a model program to provide information and support for homeless people who are on the autism spectrum. First, we will establish a small office in downtown San Diego for one year, and the office would be run by two part-time people. They would meet with staff at shelters and missions to inform them about autism and suggest best ways to help those on the autism spectrum – for example, eat/relax/rest/sleep in a quiet, dimly lit or dark place. We’ll offer support and information on where to find vital resources including:
- shelters and transitional housing
- food and clothing
- medical care
- mental health services
- referrals to agencies for case management & life training skills
- referrals to agencies for government or other financial assistance
- referrals for outpatient consultation, evaluation and treatment intervention
- referrals to agencies providing skills assessment, job training & job coaches
We would also create a tri-fold brochure with relevant information and work to disseminate crucial information about the various support services available directly to those on the spectrum.
Click here to vote!