Many patients are expressing concern over the Swine Flu, and asking whether or not to get vaccinated. My recommendation is to avoid vaccination, due to a lack of certainty as to the new vaccine’s effectiveness, and more importantly, the short and long term risks associated with the vaccine. It has not been sufficiently tested, and there is well justified concern as to its safety in humans. In the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic, Homeopathic medicine became the treatment of choice for many physicians, as it proved to be highly effective, with little to no incidence of death among those patients treated with homeopathic medicines as compared to pharmaceutical preparations. In 1921 the American Institute of Homeopathy documented the effects of homeopathic medicine on treating the Spanish flu, which killed over 40 million people worldwide. In that study, the death rate among 24,000 flu cases treated through conventional medicine was 28.2 percent while the death rate among 26,000 flu cases treated exclusively using homeopathic medicine was 1.05 percent. Among the most effective homeopathic remedies at the time, and throughout history, for treating the flu have been Gelsemium, Influenzinum (which is best used as a preventive medicine- one dose per week for four weeks beginning in October), and Oscillococcinum. In practice, Engystol and Gripp Heel by the German homeopathic medical company BHI/HEEL are also clinically effective for flu prevention and treatment.
In addition to homeopathic medicine, I recommend the following:
- Get your Vitamin D3 levels tested through blood work and take enough Vitamin D3 to keep your levels around 60 ng/mL
- Take probiotics. I recommend lab testing to determine which probiotic strains will work best for your system.
- Avoid sugar, fried foods, hydrogenated oils, and all processed food. Stick with whole, fresh organic produce and lean protein sources.
- Avoid all sodas, and make water your drink of choice.
- Ideally chose a high pH source of charged water such as Kangen/Enagic 9.5pH water. We use this water filtration system at LTP Natural Medical Center and for those of you who are local, you can stop by to test it out. You can use Distributor # 7193577 if you chose to purchase a unit online for your home or office.
- Keep moving- make sure you are getting exercise at least 4-5 times per week for at least 30 minutes.
An article was just published in the San Fransisco Chronicle that goes into more detail on the treatment and prevention of the Flu using Naturopathic Medicine. Click here to read the article.
I live in Laguna Beach.
Do you see patients or is all your work by Email or the web?
Thank you, Ursula Cook
Yes. Please visit http://www.LTPMedical.com for information about the practice.
May be you are right.I think it is a good archive.Thank you!
[…]Naturopathic Options for the Flu « Dr. Gina's Blog[…]…